MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS & CATEGORIES
National Security Screen Association Membership makes a statement about your business to the industry and consumers. Eligibility requirements for National Security Screen Association Membership vary slightly depending on your selected category of membership. All membership applications must meet the eligibility standards approved by the National Security Screen Association Board of Directors.
Membership categories are based on the services provided by a company. The National Security Screen Association has 5 categories of Membership.
SALES & INSTALLATION - Your company sells and /or installs products that meet AS 5039 and AS 5040.
SALES MANUFACTURE & INSTALLATION - Your company sells, manufactures and installs products that meet AS 5039 and AS 5040. Do so in your own facilities or under your direct control.
MANUFACTURE - Your company manufactures products that meet AS 5039 and AS 5040. Do so in your own facilities or under your direct control.
SYSTEM OWNER - Your company owns and/or promotes products that meet AS 5039 and AS 5040.
SUPPLIER - Your Company supplies components/materials or services used in the selling, manufacture, installation or testing of products that meet either AS 5039 or AS 5041.
For all Membership Categories, the annual fee is $650 (+ GST).
- The annual membership period follows the financial year: 1 July to 30 June.
- You can apply for membership at any time. In this case, a pro-rata fee will be charged for the period to the end to the financial year.
LICENSING - SECURITY & BUILDING:
Licensing requirements for the security screen industry differ in each state and territory and are divided into two categories;
- Security Licensing
- Building Licences
If your State or Territory requires licensing to sell, advertise, provide or install security screens, you will be requested to provide your licence number on your membership application.
Don't have a licence?
You are welcome to submit a membership application, the National Security Screen Association will work with you and help guide you on attaining the required licence for your state or territory.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MANUFACTURING MEMBERS:
Test Reports - AS 5041 - Methods of Test-Security Screen doors and Window Grilles
- National Security Screen Association Members are required to have a comprehensive Test Report provided by a NATA accredited laboratory for ALL security screening products you manufacture/sell.
- The Test Report verifies that a tested and passed screen has met the requirements of the Australian Standard and can therefore be classified, advertised and sold as a security screen.
- For Test Reports, please contact your system supplier directly. Your Test Reports form part of the National Security Screen Association Compliance Audit and will be sited at your Audit.
Technical Manual - For Compliant Manufacture
To ensure all security screen products are manufactured and comply to the Australian Standard AS 5039, the technical manual or work procedure documentation is simply the manufacturing or fabrication instructions used by staff. This can be your own work procedure/instruction manual or from a system supplier.
National Security Screen Association Compliance Accreditation Scheme
Upon joining the National Security Association, all National Security Screen Association Manufacturing members are put on the list for an On-site National Security Screen Association Compliance Audit administered by the Australian Glass and Window Association - a NATA Accredited Inspection Agency. To retain your National Security Screen Association Compliance Accreditation, your company is required to complete a National Security Screen Association Compliance Accreditation Self-Declaration annually for the next consecutive four years. At the completion of the five-year cycle an onsite Audit your company will be scheduled to complete an On-site National Security Screen Association Compliance Audit.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
The National Security Screen Association promotes fair and competitive The National Security Screen Association promotes fair and competitive market conditions in the interest of members and their customers. In doing market conditions in the interest of members and their customers. In doing so, members undertake to provide the following standards of service: so, members undertake to provide the following standards of service:
- To conduct sales policies and advertising in an ethical, honourable and dignified manner.
- To maintain a policy of efficient and honest service, maintaining the highest ethical values and providing high quality products.
- To preserve confidential knowledge and to avoid discrediting the work or product of any other member.
- To maintain standards relevant to the security screen industry.
- To encourage other businesses to join the Association.
- To encourage consumers to deal only with members of the Association.
- To ensure that all staff receive adequate training according to the scope of their duties.
- To actively work toward the betterment of the security screen industry